Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Last Supper

Yes, my faithful blog followers, it's true.  I'm home.  Cleveland home.  It's also true that I didn't want to come back.  No.  All I wanted was to stay in Slovenia for the summer.  Just a few more months.  But would they let me?  No.  They made me leave.  My 90 days were up, and no matter who I tried to convince, (or who Zvonko tried to convince), they just wouldn't let me stay. 

My time in Slovenia was absolutely wonderful.  Now that I am back in Ohio, it does feel nice to be home (that is, until I remember where I was only a week ago....).  I learned a lot about Slovenian culture, the country, and the language (hehehe).  Ok, I probably could have spent more time studying, but if you had the choice to go to the coast of Slovenia, Bled, with friends to Bela Krajina for the weekend, hiking to a waterfall, meet up with your Slovenian relatives, drink wine by the river, etc.  OR study the six declensions of the Slovenian language, which would you choose?  I'll study now that I'm back in Cleveland  :)

I have probably posted only about one-third of my pictures from all of my amazing Slovenian adventures.  I feel like I should post the rest so that you can all see everything I experienced.  And also so that I can look back on my blog and remember all of the good times that I had there.  So I will work a little bit backward here.  I will show you pictures from my last day in Slovenia, pictures from my mom and Victor's visit, and then other places I was able to visit in Slovenia.  So these are pictures of the last supper we had together in Ljubljana the day before I left.  Zvonko, Nada, my mom, Victor, Vic, and I went to a lovely little restaurant called Rio Momo in Ljubljana.




Zvonko gave Victor a suggestion for what he should order.....



"Don't forget the pita!"



Victor was proud of his accomplishment. 


 
Me and the other Vic.


 
Zvonko mentioned that in every picture I posted of him on my blog, he is either eating a lot of food, or drinking cappuccino.  So of course I had to get one last picture....


 
Me and my surrogate Slovenian family.



So this is a Thank you and an I'll miss you to all of my Slovenian relatives, my friends, teachers, classmates, and volunteering buddies that I met in Slovenia.  You made my trip an unbelievable and unforgettable one, and I hope we will always remain close.  Thank you also to my friends and relatives here in Cleveland who sent me letters, packages, and peanut butter!!  Thank you for being faithful blog readers, but don't forget about my blog yet.  There will still be more to come, even though my time in Slovenia has come to an end, for now.

I hope to be back soon....

No comments: