Monday, May 9, 2011

Family in Slovenia

Recently I was able to meet my Dad's second cousin, Dubravka.  She lives about 20 minutes outside of Ljubljana.  Her father and my Grandpa Perhay were cousins, although it was their wives who wrote back and forth.  Grandma Perhay wrote her mother to tell her I was in Slovenia, and Dubravka found me on facebook.  Interesting how family connections are still kept alive by writing letters, and yet it probably only took a few minutes for Dubravka to find me over the internet. We met for lunch, walked around the city, and had coffee at a cafe.  It was lovely, and I agree with what Dubravka said, I felt like we've known each other for longer than one afternoon.




That's right, it's a picture me and Joe Cimperman here in Ljubljana.  When he heard I was in Slovenia he was jealous so he decided to follow me here and bring along a whole slew of Americans. 

No comments: