Thursday, March 10, 2011

Earning my krofi

Oh goodness, it's been a while.  I didn't write much about this past weekend, even though this weekend is almost here.  It was filled with Irish music, krofne, and kurents.  Polona took me to an Irish Pub where we saw a Slovenian Irish Band (Slovenian people playing Irish music).  It was sooo much fun.  This tiny pub was packed with people who came to see this 6 piece band play in kilts.  I'll try to upload a video....

On Saturday, Zvonko, Nada, and the girls had me over for an afternoon dinner, where Zvonko enjoyed his
(un)appetizing blood sausages.  But my food was delicious.  Eat, eat, eat! .....Is what I usually hear.  Eat more!   Since last weekend was Pust - celebrating the end of winter and the beginning of spring - everyone eats a ton of krofi.  (Pictures to come...)  So of course there were krofi for dessert.  But in order to earn my krofi, Zvonko told me that I had to go with the girls on an hour long walk.....

So we did....

There are large open fields with a path near Zvonko's house, which will take you to this brand new arena.  The mayor promised that if he was elected he would have it built.  He was elected, it was built. 



And there is a new soccer (football) field next to it.



This street is just around the corner from Zvonko's house. 
Strazarjeva Ulica.
More proof. 



And yes, I earned my krofi. 

No comments: