Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My first visit to Bled

I know, it's been a while....  I'm only posting because I'm tired of the complaints....

Crazy story:  My mom met a couple while she was waiting at the doctor's office today, and they were from Slovenia!  She was telling them that this past weekend I visited a region called Goriska Brda (but I doubt she pronouned that right).  This couple was shocked because they have a home in Goriska Brda.  What a small world....

Anyway,  these pictures were taken a few weeks ago, when I went to Bled with my roommate Rebecca, and her boyfriend, Miha, who lives near Bled.  It was like a fairytale....

A swan that was trying to eat me.

This is a photo of my roommate, Rebecca, and me.  We are both from America, both worked at American Greetings, both of Slovene heritage, and now roommates.  We never met face to face until I came to Slovenia.  Almost a year and a half ago, a friend (Astrid!!!) from American Greetings told me about a girl named Rebecca who went to Slovenia to study the language.  I was jealous.  I started emailing Rebecca, and now we are roommates.  What a lovely story  :-)

 Two Americans : Two Rebecca's : Two American Greetings workers : Two Roommates

As the sun went down.
Lahko noc.

1 comment:

Dinara said...

and two Rebeccas :))) hehe

Becca, thank you so much for your lovely postcard!!! I got soo excited when I opened my mail box that day!!!